Pakistan General Election 2013

NA 69 Khushab-I Party Position in General elections 2013 (3 posts)

Topic tags: NA 69 Khushab I, Party Position 2013, Sumaira Malik
  • Profile picture of Rehan Rehan said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Sumaira Malik NA 69 Khushab I seems to be a haven of turn coats. In general elections 2002 Sumaira Malik (daughter of Malik AllahYar Khan and niece of Farooq Khan Laghari LATE) won this seat on ticket of National Alliance. She defeated Malik Umar Aslam Khan of PMLQ in 2002 elections. In 2008 general elections of Khushab I Sumaira Malik joined PMLQ and contested elections on PMLQ ticket however ex PMLQ candidate Umar Aslam decided to contest elections as independent candidate and lost by only 633 votes after a very close contest.

Sumaira Malik later joined PMLN and Umar Aslam Khan joined Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf. So in upcoming elections it will be again these two candidates but once again from different party platforms.

2008 General Election Result Khushab I 

Sumaira Malik Pakistan Muslim League 61076
    Umer Aslam Khan Independent 60443
    Malik Tanvir Sultan Awan Independent 39133
    Malik Irfan Ahmad Gheba Pakistan Peoples Party Parliamentarians 3372

2002 General Election Result Khushab I 

Sumaira Malik National Alliance 71925
    Umer Aslam Khan Pakistan Muslim League(QA) 58247
    Hafiz Muhammad Bakhsh Muttahidda Majlis-e-Amal Pakistan 17558

2013 Party Position in General Election Khushab I 

It will be once again a battle of individuals more than political parties. Sumaira Malik from National Alliance to PMLQ to PMLN will again be looking to contest on her personal vote bank as PMLN is foud no where in past 2 elections.

On the other hand Umer Aslam Khan from PMLQ to PTI might be able to turn the tables this time as Laghari Family members (apart from Sumaira Malik) joined Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf as well and this can cause a huge damage to vote bank of Sumaira Malik.

sprite
  • Profile picture of Deleted User said 1 year, 4 months ago:

that’s assuming Legharis will back PTI and not their family in this seat, sorry to say but in Pakistan politics the opposite is true. I expect a close fight though here

sprite
  • Profile picture of Sajid Sajid said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Legharis have absolutely no influence in the politics of Soon Skaisar Area (NA 69). Sumaira Malik is married here and she won twice  because of her in-law’s local influence. No doubt Farooq Leghari was instrumental in her winning first time around due to his closeness with Musharraf regime but that wasn’t the case  second time.

Umer Aslam is nephew of Malik Naeem who emerged in 1985 by defeating late Malik Karam Bakhsh Awan, became one of Panch Piaras of CM then PM Nawaz Sharif), won again in 1988.  Then he got terminally sick, couldn’t move or speak and permanently hospitalized, yet he won next election (1993) against Malik Bashir (son of late Malik Karam Bakhsh). Campaign was run by his uncle N Senator from Islamabad Brig.  Malik Hayat. Umer Aslam contested from this group and won in 1997 on N ticket.

sprite